Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive profiling and query performance tuning tool

Explorer

Hi

I am in the process of performance tuning hive queries and also would like to profile the user access/queries run . Just wondering if there is an easy to install/use tool that can be used with hive. I have done similar exercise in sql server and have used the tools there but was hoping if I can get a similar tool setup for hive.

we have several queries that have sub queries within them and aggregates and are taking close to 10 seconds while executing for the first time. There is lot of adhoc queries as well so putting partitions or index might or might not help.

Please let me know any suggestions.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you are running the Hive queries using Tez as the execution engine, then Ambari has a 'Tez View' that lets you see all the queries submitted, both finished and current running queries. From here you can see query duration times and who ran the query:

11979-tez.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you are running the Hive queries using Tez as the execution engine, then Ambari has a 'Tez View' that lets you see all the queries submitted, both finished and current running queries. From here you can see query duration times and who ran the query:

11979-tez.png

Rising Star

@Anika S Yes, as Binu said, the Tez View of Ambari can help you analyze and troubleshoot Hive queries if you are running on a Tez execution engine. Here are some resources to help guide you:

Explorer

Thank you. Will review the links.