Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hive server 2 (HS 2) two instance through Ambari

Highlighted

Hive server 2 (HS 2) two instance through Ambari

New Contributor

Hi,

We are planning to do Hive server 2(HS2) High Availability through Ambari and Add multiple (two) Hiveserver 2 instances .

Let's assume node 1 and node 2 . Node 1 is having the hive metastore and hiveserver 2 ( 1st instance) . I have enabled the second instance of Hiveserver 2 using the below link:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.5.3/bk_hadoop-high-availability/content/additio...

In Hiveserver 2 Node 1:

I have few tables lets say , Table1 and table 2 . after enabled the hiveserver 2 in node 2 . I can't find the hiveserver 2 folder in the node2 machine to make the configuration edits in hive-site.xml and as well as I can't view the tables from Node 1 in node 2 Hive server 2 machine .

Do I need to configure anything apart from adding HS2 in node 2.Have restarted the services .

1) Do i need to configure Hive remote metastore to view the tables in node 1 . If so ,Kindly provide me a link please.

2) How can I achieve HS2 HA and Hive metastore HA . Please guide me on this . I cannot find a valid tutorials out there in Internet .

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hive server 2 (HS 2) two instance through Ambari

@Raj ji

Ambari should take caee all the required config changes.

You'd need to use zookeeper discovery to connect to HS2. for more details refer: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.4/bk_hadoop-high-availability/content/ch_HA-H...

New Contributor

Thanks Sandeep . What about adding two instances through ambari .

In Hiveserver 2 Node 1:

I have few tables lets say , Table1 and table 2 . after enabled the hiveserver 2 in node 2 . I can't find the hiveserver 2 folder in the node2 machine to make the configuration edits in hive-site.xml and as well as I can't view the tables from Node 1 in node 2 Hive server 2 machine .

Do I need to configure anything apart from adding HS2 in node 2.Have restarted the services .

1) Do i need to configure Hive remote metastore to view the tables in node 1 . If so ,Kindly provide me a link please.

@Raj ji , If you are using Ambari to manage both the hiveserver2's, you need not separately change the configs in the node, Ambari will take care of all the configs.

Apart from this, you should see all the tables form both the hiveserver2's.