Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HiveServer2 takes long time (25+min) to startup with thousands of databases/tables/partitions

Explorer

Hello,

I have thousands of databases/tables/partitions in my metastore and noticing HS2 takes almost 20-25min to be available. I've turned on debug and notived hive-server2.log spends all the time doing the below across all of my tables and views.

2018-04-18T22:47:07,941 DEBUG [main([])]: sqlstd.SQLStdHiveAuthorizationValidator (SQLStdHiveAuthorizationValidator.java:filterListCmdObjects(148)) - Obtained following objects in  filterListCmdObjects [Object [type=TABLE_OR_VIEW, name=ued_idp_psa.stg_taxml], Object [type=TABLE_OR_VIEW, name=table1], Object [type=TABLE_OR_VIEW, name=table1], Object [type=TABLE_OR_VIEW, name=table2], Object [type=TABLE_OR_VIEW, name=table3], Object [type=TABLE_OR_VIEW, name=table4]] for user hive. Context Info: QueryContext [commandString=null, forwardedAddresses=null]

Is there a way to disable this validator or other solutions? After ~25min, i get the below message and am able to connect via beeline.

2018-04-18T 22:05:37,205 INFO  [main([])]: server.HiveServer2 (HiveServer2.java:start(508)) - Web UI has started on port 10002

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

New Contributor

@Nick Xu We are facing similar behaviour it is taking 30+ minutes for hiveserver2 startup. how did you disable the validator?

@Nick Xu

New Contributor

We are seeing the same issue, I tried setting hive.security.authorization.enabled to false but doesn't seem to work. Any idea how to disable it?

Community Manager

Welcome to the community @harry_su . As this question is several years old, I would suggest starting a new one. This would allow you to add details specific to your situation. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.