Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Horotonworks Data Cloud error autoscaling token expired

I am provisioning a cluster using version 1.14.0 of Hortonworks Data Cloud. The Autoscaling status slider is in the off position, but cluster provisioning fails with the following error on the auto scaling token:

Infrastructure creation failed. Reason: com.amazonaws.AmazonServiceException: The security token included in the request is expired (Service: AmazonAutoScaling; Status Code: 403; Error Code: ExpiredToken; Request ID: cf2aebb0-2cec-11e7-8985-4100dda4669c)

The autoscaling tab on the failed cluster in the cloud controller, shows the cluster trying to autoscale to 3 nodes:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In case this helps, back in March I got this error when using HDP 2.5 EDW-ETL in us-east.

In my case, for some reason the infrastructure creation took too long (1 hour instead of 5 minutes) and the security token expired during that time.

In addition to what Jeff said, it may help to check the CloudFormation UI on the AWS console, find your stack and post the data from the “Events” and “Resources” tabs.

14971-unknown.png

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Explorer

Ok - AWS cloudformation completed in under four minutes, but HDP is stuck on creating infrastructure. No clue what it is doing, just says Building and only one entry in the event history

Explorer

Failed, see attached

15005-hdpfail4.png

Explorer

cluster-6-4

Other Actions Update Stack

Stack name:

cluster-6-4

Stack ID:

arn:aws:cloudformation:us-east-1:231904212587:stack/cluster-6-4/7da49330-301a-11e7-a663-503aca4a58fd

CREATE_COMPLETE

Status reason:

IAM Role:

Description:

Outputs

Resources

Events

2017-05-03StatusTypeLogical IDStatus reason
09:10:00 UTC-0700CREATE_COMPLETEAWS::CloudFormation::Stackcluster-6-4
09:09:55 UTC-0700CREATE_COMPLETEAWS::AutoScaling::AutoScalingGroupAmbariNodesmaster
09:09:55 UTC-0700CREATE_COMPLETEAWS::AutoScaling::AutoScalingGroupAmbariNodescompute
09:09:54 UTC-0700CREATE_COMPLETEAWS::AutoScaling::AutoScalingGroupAmbariNodesworker

Rising Star

Okay, we'll need to see the Cloudbreak logs. You can get it by ssh-ing to the controller machine and get it with the command: "cbd logs cloudbreak". You can also check the autoscaling tab on the EC2 console (Scaling history) and check if the VMs are available and healthy. @cduby @DL

@cduby @DL Did you end up getting past this error and successfully creating a cluster?

@Dominika Bialek Thanks for checking in. I ended up switching regions.