Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Host Registration with server failed on Ambari when selected manual registration

Highlighted

Host Registration with server failed on Ambari when selected manual registration

New Contributor

Host registration got failed on Ambari at confirm hosts step. please find the screenshots attached and help me to resolve this issue.

confirm-hosts.jpg

error

error-message.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Host Registration with server failed on Ambari when selected manual registration

@subramanyam sibbala

Can you check your ambari-agent log and see what error it is throwing?

Re: Host Registration with server failed on Ambari when selected manual registration

New Contributor

Hi Amarnath,

please find the error message attached.error-file.txt

Mentor

@subramanyam sibbala

To do manual registration you MUST have installed the ambari-agent on the host to be registered with the Ambari and modified the ambari-agenti.ini located in /etc/ambari-agent/conf/

[server]
hostname={ambari-host}
url_port=8440
secured_url_port=8441
connect_retry_delay=10
max_reconnect_retry_delay=30

And run on that host as the user running ambari mostly root

<# ambari-agent start

And this should start with exit 0 (successfully) the has been instances where I had to do the below

Failed Ambari-agent registration

Disable verification of SSL

sed -i 's/verify=platform_default/verify=disable/' /etc/python/cert-verification.cfg

And added the below to the ambari-agent.ini under security

[security] 
force_https_protocol=PROTOCOL_TLSv1_2

HTH

New Contributor

sed -i 's/verify=platform_default/verify=disable/' /etc/python/cert-verification.cfg
sed: can't read /etc/python/cert-verification.cfg: No such file or directory.

Mentor

@subramanyam sibbala

Any updates do you still need help if not did the response help you resolve your host registration? If it did please "Accept" the answer and close the thread

New Contributor

Hi Geoffrey shelton, let me explain issue in details.

Ambari agent is running.

i had hadoop installed on server but i removed earlier packages and reinstalled hadoop because of some issues.

at confirm hosts step it is failing because of host registration failed.

see the attached file where you can see the logs and suggest me please.error-file.txt

New Contributor

Hi Amarnath reddy,

Please find the error logs in file(error-file.txt) in above response and kindly suggest me how to resolve this.

Mentor

@subramanyam sibbala

Is this a single node cluster?

id you follow any document to uninstall HDP components? If not can you execute these steps

Are you installing as root user?

What the HDP version?

After doing the above steps ensure you have executed the prepare environment steps

Run a wget for the ambari,hdp and gpl repos if needed.

The run sequentially the below

# yum clean all 
# yum repolist 
# yum install ambari-server
# yum install ambari-agent

Make sure you have done all the post ambari-server prerequisite, create ambari db and run the database connector and start the ambari-server

# ambari-server start

If it's a single node cluster after the installation of the ambari-agent

Edit the ambari-agent.ini in /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ the hostname should point to your ambari server

[server] 
hostname=testserver-gbs-auto-cog1.sl1027443.sl.edst.ibm.com 
url_port=8440 
secured_url_port=8441 

The start the ambari agent

# ambari-agent start 

Once it has started successfully log on the Ambari UI and chose the manual registration

This should succeed.

Please let me know

New Contributor

Hi Geoffery,

Thanks a lot for your response,

I Have followed the same document for uninstalling. with your suggestion I am doing once again.

while running below script which is part of clean up on the host node, I am getting below error, kindly help me to resolve it.

python /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py --silent --skip=users
/usr/bin/python: can't open file '/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here