Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How can I edit Submission Access Control of Impala Admission Control

Explorer

In yarn 

yarn.png

Impala Admission Control 

impala.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @ighack ,

When click on Submission Access Control tab to specify which users and groups can submit queries by default, anyone can submit queries. To restrict this permission, select the Allow these users and groups option and provide a comma-delimited list of users and groups in the Users and Groups fields respectively.

I am attaching the screenshot for your reference.

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 4.41.48 PM.png

Please check the below Cloudera documentation for the same.

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/6.3/topics/impala_howto_rm.html#enable_admissio...

Regards,

Chethan YM

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Super Collaborator

Hi @ighack ,

When click on Submission Access Control tab to specify which users and groups can submit queries by default, anyone can submit queries. To restrict this permission, select the Allow these users and groups option and provide a comma-delimited list of users and groups in the Users and Groups fields respectively.

I am attaching the screenshot for your reference.

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 4.41.48 PM.png

Please check the below Cloudera documentation for the same.

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/6.3/topics/impala_howto_rm.html#enable_admissio...

Regards,

Chethan YM

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Explorer

in my Submission Access Control of Impala Admission Control

I don't have any options,I can't select any options.

in impala pool only have "Everyone is allowed to submit to this pool because of inherited settings.from the parent pools"

but my root of  yarn pool is "allow these users and groups to submit to pool"

see my images

I want to know in Submission Access Control of Impala Admission Control how can I have that two options?

Super Collaborator

Hi @ighack ,

As like yarn, there is no direct options for impala admission control pool, As per the cloudera documentation you need to select "default settings" under impala admission control to add users and group. Below is the screenshot of it.

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 12.44.32 PM.png

After you click on Default Settings you need to choose "Allow these users and groups to submit to this pool" to add users and groups.

Regards,

Chethan YM

Explorer

@ChethanYM thanks

Super Collaborator

Hello @ighack ,

You are welcome..!!

Was your question answered? Please Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Regards,

Chethan YM

Community Manager

@ighack Did you resolved your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 1.54.47 PM.png

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program