Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

How can I input the new LDAP password on Hive View 2.0 without restarting Ambari Server?

Contributor

I configured my HiveServer2 to use LDAP authentication.

And I accessed Hive View 2.0 and input my LDAP password, then, I got able to use Hive View 2.0.

After I changed my LDAP password, Hive View 2.0 showed an authentication error message.

But I don't know how to input my new LDAP password for Hive View 2.0.

Then, I restarted Ambari Server, and this problem solved. Hive View 2.0 showed me a password form.

However, I don't want to restart Ambari Server when I or someone changes LDAP password.

How can I input the new LDAP password on Hive View 2.0 without restarting Ambari Server?

7 REPLIES 7

So whenever you change your LDAP configuration, you need to sync your ambari configuration with it. You can use:

ambari-server  sync-ldap --<all/existing/users=LDAP_SYNC_USER> 

And give your ambari credentials to have a successful syncronization.

Regards,

Sakhuja

Contributor

Thanks for your reply. But I already tried that before restarting Ambari Server and that did not solve the problem.

Contributor

As far as I read some code of Hive View 2.0, once succeeded in authentication, id and password are stored in a ConcurrentHashMap, but even if authentication fails because of changing the password those are not removed from the ConcurrentHashMap. I think that is the reason..

New Contributor

@Takefumi Oide Did you find any solution for the problem?

Contributor

Unfortunately, I haven't got a solution yet.

New Contributor

@Takefumi Oide As of now I have to restart the whole node where ambari server is installed. Is there a better way, where I can just restart a service?

Contributor

I wrote "restarting Ambari Server" but that does not mean "restarting a host that Ambari Server is installed". Just restarting "Ambari Server" takes effect. (= ambari-server restart)

Take a Tour of the Community
Don't have an account?
Your experience may be limited. Sign in to explore more.