Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How can I see MEM_LIMIT option setting?

Highlighted

How can I see MEM_LIMIT option setting?

Explorer

Hi,

I've just submitted an impala query and specified a MEM_LIMIT:

2016-07-01_15-23-17.png

I was hoping that I'd be able to view the query details in Cloudera Manager and there would be somewhere to show me what the MEM_LIMIT had been set to but I dont see that anywhere. Is there anywhere in Cloudera Manager that shows me what SET statements were specific for a particular query?

thanks

Jamie

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How can I see MEM_LIMIT option setting?

Explorer

You should be able to see further information on Impala queries in CM by either...

a) On the top line menu with Home / Clusters / Hosts on it, click the pull down arrow and select the "Impala Queries" option 

or

b) The same screen is in the Impala role, under Queries 

The MEM_LIMIT is usually set at a role level, so under Configuration for the Impala role, search for mem_limit (or click on the Resource management section of the Impala config, if you are using the "new" page layout

Explorer

Hi,

Thx for the reply.

I'm aware I can see the default mem_limit however that's not what I'm asking. I'm setting mem_limit for a particular session. is there a way to see what mem_limit was applied to a particular query run as part of that session?

Explorer

Ah, not sure then. If its not in CM, or when you browse to one of your daemons on port 25000 in a browser, there is a possibility its not logged anywhere

Expert Contributor

Hi Jamiet,

query options, which have been set to non-default values are logged at the beginning of query profiles. You'll find the query profiles in the Impala queries view in CM and on http://your_impala_daemon:25000/queries (click "Details").

Cheers, Lars

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here