Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How capture the Nifi processor error messages.

New Contributor

Hi All,

I would like to capture the Nifi processor error message due to failure on some reasons. The popup coming up and getting expired in 5 minutes.My plan is  the error messages should be captured (like by some Nifi processors) and send it via email.I cannot capture the error messages on the fly. Any thoughts on this please?.

sempra.png

Ex: The screenshot has the error message and and i need to capture the entire messages and send via email.

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru

To complete what you describe I would create an external script/process, or maybe even a NiFi flow, that will read the NiFi logs on all NiFi Nodes, and trigger a notification for the ERROR events.   This process would be decoupled from the original data flow and the actual processor, but it will provide the visibility you need to monitor ERROR in the logs.

Sending an email every time an error occurs may be problatic. The only thing that seems to come close is the site to site bulletin report Processor.

As mentioned you can find the messages in the logs. If your main concern is accessibility, look into LogSearch on HDP. 

- Dennis Jaheruddin

If this answer helped, please mark it as 'solved' and/or if it is valuable for future readers please apply 'kudos'.