Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How do I automate installation of Cloudera CDH on 100 Node cluster without using Cloudera manager?

Rising Star

How do I install Cloudera CDH on 100 Node cluster without using Cloudera manager? Installing and configuring CDH manually on each node in a cluster is a difficult task. What tools and technologies are used to automate the task in production?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

We're using puppet in the production:

It is not "one-click" setup. But it is well described with examples.

We have cluster with 24 (+3) nodes (1 PB) and quite difficult environment (Kerberos enabled, with cross-realms, multihome network, HA enabled, ...).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

New Contributor

If you are going to use CDH 5.4 and CentOS 6, you can try https://github.com/sergevs/ansible-cloudera-hadoop

Let me to know if you have questions.

Regards,

Serge.

Rising Star

Thanks Sergevs for your response. Your answer is helpful if am using CDH 5.4 version. However am using CDH 4 on one cluster and CDH 5 on another cluster. Appreciate anyone's help in letting me know the overview of the tools and technologies used to automate CDH installation without Cloudera Manager.

Rising Star

We're using puppet in the production:

It is not "one-click" setup. But it is well described with examples.

We have cluster with 24 (+3) nodes (1 PB) and quite difficult environment (Kerberos enabled, with cross-realms, multihome network, HA enabled, ...).

Rising Star

Thanks Valtri. I will have a look into it and let me know for any queries or help.