Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

How do I find timeout reason ?

Highlighted

How do I find timeout reason ?

Hello,

I am using REST API to automatically install only KERBEROS_CLIENT and HDFS_CLIENT on a machine. The operations has timedout during the Finalize Operation phase of the HDFS_CLIENT. The only output I can see is :

stderr: errors-2277.txtstdout: output-2277.txt

Is there any way to see these messages ? The status of the task was FAILED but without any reason.

The host I am adding has an agent installed and manually configured and the communication works fine since the packages were installed....

Any suggestion is appreciated :).

Thanks,

Corina

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: How do I find timeout reason ?

Super Mentor

@Corina Nebela

Can you please share those two files? That might give some idea.

stderr: errors-2277.txt

stdout: output-2277.txt

Also can you please let us know the duration after which the timeout occurs. (like 30 sec, 60 sec, ..etc)

And the exact REST API call that you are making.

Highlighted

Actually I do not know where to find those files...

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Corina Nebela

In the ambari UI "Operations" history link is available which shows which operation got failed. In that link you can find the agent hostname where the command execution failed. Usually it can be found on the "ambari agent" host where the command was executed inside the location: "/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/"

Highlighted

@Jay SenSharma

12625-failed.jpg

12626-error.jpg

This is how the history looks like, those files are not present in /var/lib/ambari-agent/data , nor anywhere on the machine...

Highlighted

Super Mentor
@Corina Nebela

You should see the "hostname" where the task was running by looking at the title of the wizard.

For example in my case "kjss1" is ambari host and the Wizad title shows that the operation was runnning on "kjss5.example.com"

12614-wizard.png

Else please check the ambari server host itself to see if that file exist in "/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/" directory.

Highlighted

I know the hostname of the machine, i have already looked in the /var/lib/ambari-agent/data both on the machine added to the cluster and on the ambari server host , these files are not present anywere, and I am absolutely sure nobody deleted them , normally when the log is saved the whole path is showed in UI "Operations" history link...the reason I posted this question is because I cannot find any details about why the installation has timed out ...