Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How do i connect to Phoenix query server using JDBC from server in another network

Highlighted

How do i connect to Phoenix query server using JDBC from server in another network

New Contributor

I'm trying to connect to Phoenix query server from my application which is deployed on a server which is another network using JDBC Zookeeper URL, I'm getting connection timeout.error, How do i resolve it??

14 REPLIES 14

Re: How do i connect to Phoenix query server using JDBC from server in another network

@Teja sai tarun

Your client should be able to connect to zookeeper servers (irrespective of which network) then only you can connect and query from PQS.

Re: How do i connect to Phoenix query server using JDBC from server in another network

Mentor

@Teja sai tarun

In a well-architected environment all access to the cluster is tunnelled through the edge node where user accounts are created and controlled, here all the client software is installed eg zk,Yarn,hdfs,hbase clients etc and configured by Ambari during the setup so the client versions are compatible.

In your setup, you might need to add a node which will become the edge node if you don't have one in place. This node can be in another network provided it can communicate with Ambari (ssh passwordless config) and firewalls should allow communication between this host and the cluster.

On the question of how to install you simply add the host using Ambari same method as adding a data node but you only choose to install the HDP clients, in a kerberized cluster Ambari is your best tool as it will generate the config files & keytabs correctly.

Remember to install the Kerberos client first and editing the krb5.conf accordingly. Remember always to have users access the cluster from the edge node. You can easily run your application from the edge node :-)

Please let me know if this answered your query?

New Contributor

Can we install pheonix client in different server where hbase is not installed ?if yes how to install?

New Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

We are using 3 -node cluster out of 2 are edge node and 1 is master node .

i am trying to connect to phoenix using edge node using JDBC connection to a server which is in another network but i'm unable to connect to Phoenix and getting TimOutException and SQL exception.

Can u please help me in resolving this issue..

Thanks,
Teja

Mentor

@Teja sai tarun

Any updates?

Mentor

@Teja sai tarun

I don't seem to understand your cluster setup (2 edge nodes and one Master)? Can you help me have a clearer picture

What HDP components are installed on the below nodes?

• Edge node 1
  • Edge node 2
  • Master node

How are you trying to connect to what component ie HBase and on which host. Can you share the whole error stack trace (TimOutException and SQL exceptions)

Firewall should be disabled between the cluster hosts. Can you share how you are trying to connect to your destination db?

Mentor

@Teja sai tarun

Any updates?

New Contributor

I have posted the related details U have asked for can u kindly refer that n provide some suggestions. I have uploaded the error logs please find the post in answers above

Mentor

@Teja sai tarun

First, you will need to resolve the hostname issue it seems, your AWS hbase host is unknown see the highlighted portion

96570-teja-sai.jpg

Are you trying to connect from edge node on LAN to node in AWS? if you should use the public IP of your AWS. If so the corresponding ports should be accessible from your edgenode.

Please correct me if I am wrong