Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How do we plan Falcon deployments for replication, mirroring and data pipeline on prod and DR clusters?

Explorer

My understanding is if replication or mirroring is required then falcon is installed only on destination cluster in standalone mode. For data pipeline, install falcon where pipeline will be executed. Is my understanding correct? What is falcon prism(distributed mode) use? I cant find any reference. Any inputs will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
4 REPLIES 4

Contributor

@Anderw Ahn, @Balu I have an additional question/point to Mayank's question about cluster layout. I understand DR as definitely requiring Oozie to be configured in both locations because distcp will run on the destination cluster, and Hive replication will run on the source cluster. Isn't it also valid that a minimal Falcon install could be achieved by *only* setting up Falcon on the primary/source cluster? In this way, you define 2 clusters (primary, backup) and then simply schedule feeds and processes to run on the appropriate cluster. Falcon can schedule the job to run on Oozie either locally or remote. Please confirm.

TL;DR - a single Falcon install can control 2 clusters but requires Oozie installed on both clusters.

hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

Expert Contributor

@Sowmya Ramesh Very good and detailed answer, thank you.

Thanks Balu!