Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How does your team launch the DSX local installer on cluster? Do you monitor the installations or do you run some scripts to handle the prompts during installations?

How does your team launch the DSX local installer on cluster? Do you monitor the installations or do you run some scripts to handle the prompts during installations?

I am trying to see how DSX local installations are done, whether they are automated through a script or manually monitored by the engineers? If automated, then how is the automation done.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: How does your team launch the DSX local installer on cluster? Do you monitor the installations or do you run some scripts to handle the prompts during installations?

Explorer

@Robert Hryniewicz I would recommend creating a configuration file "wdf.conf" for DSX installation that will fill in all required parameters needed for installation. The configuration file must be in the same directory as the DSX installation package before you run the installation. Before kicking off the installation I would recommend using the "screen" utility to allow you resume session after you get disconnected from the node. Now you can launch the installation. Note that if screen command is not used and installation is stuck in any particular step then you can also follow the steps mentioned here - https://datascience.ibm.com/docs/content/local/troubleshootinstall.html.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here