Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to Setup Edge node for kerberized cluster

Hi All,

We need to setup a 6 node Hadoop cluster with one additional Edge node (where Hadoop client components need to be installed like, Hue, SQOOP). We are planning to make it as a kerberized cluster, additionally we are integrating each cluster node(All 6 nodes) with Microsoft AD using SSSD pattern.

How do we enable Kerberos on Edge node, since it will not co-exist with the cluster, and not available under Ambari UI scope.

Please suggest the way to solve this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru
@Uday Vakalapudi

Please add your edge node to the cluster via Ambari and install only required client packages. If you install hdp clients/kerberos manually then it is difficult for you to keep it up to date with the latest configuration. It's complicated when you do it manually, you need to make sure that everytime you make changes in configurations via Ambari, you need to deploy same thing to the edge node manually! Please let Ambari handle it.

Hope this information helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru
@Uday Vakalapudi

Let me know if I get you correctly - You will have kerberos implemented on all 6 nodes. The gateway node will not be added via ambari and is not part of ambari UI.

-->Then you can have kerberos installed manually on edge node using [#yum install krb5-*] and copy the config [ie. /etc/krb5.conf] from anyone of six nodes to the Edge node.

It will not need any additional configuration.

Explorer

Hi Sagar

Do I need to generate new keytab files or can I copy and do what ??

/Claus

Master Guru
@Uday Vakalapudi

Please add your edge node to the cluster via Ambari and install only required client packages. If you install hdp clients/kerberos manually then it is difficult for you to keep it up to date with the latest configuration. It's complicated when you do it manually, you need to make sure that everytime you make changes in configurations via Ambari, you need to deploy same thing to the edge node manually! Please let Ambari handle it.

Hope this information helps!

Explorer

Hello all. How can the edge node be installed to the cluster without hooking up with ambari? What are the Pros and Cons?