Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to automate the setup of DR cluster?

How to automate the setup of DR cluster when you have a up and running production cluster?

The long term goal is to use the DR for 6 months and PROD for other 6 months so exact same configuration is needed.

Also assume the hardware is the same. The eventual DR strategy will be almost real time replication.

I was thinking about using BluePrint but do we have any other custom tools?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

If you already have a running cluster, exporting blueprint from ambari, editing relevant entries and using that to create a DR cluster works. Another approach is to create your first cluster as well with a blueprint. This will ensure easier creation of second cluster. I don't know of any other custom tools that can create an almost identical cluster

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Guru

If you already have a running cluster, exporting blueprint from ambari, editing relevant entries and using that to create a DR cluster works. Another approach is to create your first cluster as well with a blueprint. This will ensure easier creation of second cluster. I don't know of any other custom tools that can create an almost identical cluster

@Ravi Mutyala

So the process of replication of changed configuration of the different components in primary cluster in the course of time would involve some manual or scripting change to apply in DR configuration? Or this can be solved by keeping the names (DNS) of the nodes in the DR and Primary same?

Thank you @Ravi Mutyala