Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to call senstive parameter from parameter contest on RouteOnAttribute in nifi

Explorer
I am using the parameter contest in that their is parameter, which is a sensitive parameter and i need to call in routeOnattribute for our requirement. how can i achieve this calling the sensitive parameter from parameterContests.Please help me out.
Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Super Mentor

@sathish3389 
Routing based on a sensitive value is an unusual use case.  I'd love to hear more about this use case.  Ultimately the RouteOnAttribute processor expects a boolean NiFi Expression Language Statement.  So you want to have a sensitive parameter value that is evaluated against something else (another attribute on the inbound FlowFile) and if true route to a new relationship.  Is what you are comparing this sensitive parameter value against also sensitive?  If so, how are you protecting it as Attributes on FlowFiles are not sensitive and stored in plaintext.

The ability to use Sensitive Parameters in dynamic properties (non password specific component properties) was added via https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-9957 in Apache NiFi 1.17.0.  While this change created the foundation for such dynamic Property support for sensitive parameters, individual components need to be updated to utilize this new capability. As you can imagine with well over 300+ components available to NiFi, this is a huge undertaking.  So what i see in the apache community are changes based on specific use case requests.

I'd recommend creating an Apache NiFi Jira detailing your use case and working with the Apache Community to adopt that use case change to the RouteOnAttribute processor to support dynamic property support for Sensitive parameters.

If you found that the provided solution(s) assisted you with your query, please take a moment to login and click Accept as Solution below each response that helped.

Thank you,

Matt