Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to connect kerberized Druid Cluster with Superset?

Highlighted

How to connect kerberized Druid Cluster with Superset?

New Contributor
  • Ambari version is 2.6.2.2
  • Druid version is 0.10.1
  • Superset version is 0.28.1

I used Superset which version is 0.15.0 before and install by Ambari. And it can connect kerberized Druid normally. But the version is too old to work well. So I manually installed a new Superset which version is 0.28.1.

Now I have a problem that I can't connect kerberized Druid Cluster as before. Even use previous superset kerberos configurations. And I did't find any useful doc in Google and Superset offical website.

Here is the part of superset_config.py, Superset(0.15.0)'s configuration.

# Generated by Apache Ambari. Thu Jan 10 14:20:30 2019

ENABLE_KERBEROS_AUTHENTICATION=True
ENABLE_PROXY_FIX=True
KERBEROS_KEYTAB='/etc/security/keytabs/superset.headless.keytab'
KERBEROS_PRINCIPAL='superset-bigdata@BIGDATA.COM'
KERBEROS_REINIT_TIME_SEC=3600
2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to connect kerberized Druid Cluster with Superset?

New Contributor

Looking forward to anyone's help!!!!

Re: How to connect kerberized Druid Cluster with Superset?

Mentor

@Magical Jelly

First and most important advice NEVER upgrade individually HDP components. In a kerberized environment when upgrading using Ambari the keytabs are generated automatically. Now that you have done a manual upgrade I don't know whether it will work though to generate the keytabs through ambari Kerberos wizard.

Should you attempt to upgrade to ie.HDP 3.1.0 some components will surely fail unless you delete using Ambari them before your next upgrade which isn't your case .
Have you tried the hack of using the Superset 0.15 Kerberos config with the new 0.28 ? Can you share the logs?