While awaiting setup of a new development environment, we were
trying to test some concepts in an HDF sandbox running in VirtualBox (version 5.2.16r123759(Qt5.6.2)) on Windows 7 (Windows 7 Enterprise Service pack 1 with 32 GB RAM and 64-bit
Operating System). At a high level, our test was to transfer
JSON records from Kafka to PostGres.
I found HDF 3.1 already has
Postgres 9.2.23 installed. I did the following:
1) Port 5432 was added to
VirtualBox Port Forwarding Rules, as shown in the attachment.
2) Windows Hosts file was updated, as shown in the attachment.
3) Postgres /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf
was modified according to https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.1.1/bk_installing-hdf/content/postgres-remote-c...
4) Postgresql service was successfully stopped and restarted
5) From the shell-in-a-box console, psql was used to create a
mytest login and database, as
shown in the attachment.
6) From Windows, psql aborts with error "psql: server
closed the connection unexpectedly...", as shown in the attachment.
I am able to connect into the
sandbox using WinSCP on port 2202 to transfer files with File Protocal: SCP.
Kindly let me know any
suggestions to allow Windows psql to connect to Postgres in HDF running in VirtualBox,