Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to create a customize Cloudbreak image on Azure?

Highlighted

How to create a customize Cloudbreak image on Azure?

Explorer

Hello,

I have a question about how to create custom Cloudbreak image on Azure:

Currently, the official Cloudbreak image address on Azure are using blob uri, for example:

"West US": "https://sequenceiqwestus2.blob.core.windows.net/images/cb-hdp-31-1804041515.vhd",

But when I created a custom image from a virtual machine on Azure, there's no blob uri for this image(searched on google it said this is a managed image). How can I generate a uri for this image?

I also checked cloudbreak-images project on github, it said that a custom base image on Azure is driven by input parameters:image_publisher, image_offer and image_sku, but I have no idea how to map these info to the custom image I created on Azure.

Or is there any other way I can use a custom image as a Cloudbreak base image? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: How to create a customize Cloudbreak image on Azure?

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi @Dominika Bialek, thanks for the reply. Yes I had tried this and created a custom image based on CentOS7, then I would like to add more tools and packages into this image, so I created a VM using this image, put all things I need in this VM, and then generalize it. The problem is that I can only create a managed image from this VM, there's no blob URI for it, but I want to use this managed image as my Cloudbreak base image. How could I do?

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

You should extend the image burning states with your requirements. So you should checkout/fork the cloudbreak-images repo and add your custom stuff to it:

https://github.com/hortonworks/cloudbreak-images/blob/master/README.dev.md#custom-script

It's the simpliest way to build a custom image.

Highlighted

Explorer

@pdarvasi, I saw you are an expert on Cloudbreak, could you help on this question? Thank you so much.

@Yi Zhang

Sorry for the late answer.

Cloudbreak currently does not support burning images starting from a managed image out of the box.

You can quite easily do that by modifying the HW official packer.json a little following the docs.

1. Set the parameters "custom_managed_image_name" and "custom_managed_image_resource_group_name"
  2. Remove the parameters image_publisher, image_offer, image_sku, or image_version
  3. Start the build as usual

Hope this helps!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here