Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to do the Hot fix deployment for the nifi-famework generated war file

Highlighted

How to do the Hot fix deployment for the nifi-famework generated war file

New Contributor

Can anyone suggest how to do the hot fix deployment for the nifi-famework generated war file.

I would like to make some css and js changes in nifi-web-ui under the nifi-nar-bundles and want the new build should be copied automatically each time i do the changes , to my nifi-assembly/target/...(parent directory).

Is there a way for an auto deployment, without doing the maven build everytime which is consuming a lot of time and how my latest changes can be reflected everytime without doing the build

I am trying to copy from

nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-framework-bundle/nifi-framework/nifi-web/nifi-web-ui/target/nifi-web-ui-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.war

to

nifi-assembly/target/nifi-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT-bin/nifi-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT/work/jetty/nifi-web-ui-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.war

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to do the Hot fix deployment for the nifi-famework generated war file

New Contributor

You should be able to build only the nifi-web-ui module by navigating to the "nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-framework-bundle/nifi-framework/nifi-web/nifi-web-api" directory and running 'mvn clean install -T4 -DskipTests' from this directory. The maven settings -T4 sets the number of threads used by maven to 4, and -DskipTests will skip all tests (tests can be time consuming). Then copy your new .war to nifi-assembly and restart NiFi. This should speed up the process a bit.

Re: How to do the Hot fix deployment for the nifi-famework generated war file

New Contributor

In this scenario too i am still doing the the nifi maven build everytime, is there an other way where i can build the changes automatically and move to my nifi assembly. Because even if i do a small change in UI i have to build the whole package again and which takes 10-15 minutes everytime. I would like to build and deploy changes automatically rather then creating a new war everytime... any suggestion would be appr