Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to enable TEZ UI on CDP 7.1.7

Contributor

is TEZ UI working on CDP 7.1.7 ?

if yes, how can we enable it ?

Regards ;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@yacine_, Authoritative sources tell me that the TEZ UI has not been a supported interface on/in CDP since the first release, so I don't think your efforts to use it will be fruitful. You can view a listing of unsupported interfaces for Hive on CDP Private Cloud Base release 7.1.7 here:

Hive unsupported interfaces and features

As of this writing, Data Analytics Studio is the only way to get the functionality you're looking for, as the status of TEZ UI hasn't changed for the 7.1.8 release.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@yacine_,

You didn't say what you are looking to do with the Tez UI, but there is documentation available on the equivalent functionality available in Data Analytics Studio (DAS), which is currently available on CDP, here:
Difference between Tez UI and DAS

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Contributor

@ask_bill_brooks thank you for your quick response,

we want to see the progress of our hive jobs and other query details.

We removed DAS from our installation as we didn't have enough resource for it.

So we want to set up TEZ UI instead,

Regards,

@yacine_, Authoritative sources tell me that the TEZ UI has not been a supported interface on/in CDP since the first release, so I don't think your efforts to use it will be fruitful. You can view a listing of unsupported interfaces for Hive on CDP Private Cloud Base release 7.1.7 here:

Hive unsupported interfaces and features

As of this writing, Data Analytics Studio is the only way to get the functionality you're looking for, as the status of TEZ UI hasn't changed for the 7.1.8 release.

Contributor

@ask_bill_brooks thank you for your response,
I checked new features on CDP7.1.8, I see new feature in HUE Ability to view Hive query details in Hue which are similar to features available on DAS

Regards