Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to get Hive zooKeeperNamespace

Contributor

I need zooKeeperNamespace for jdbc connection . The default value is "hiveserver2" . Can I get this value form any property

from hive-site.xml I got . But this is different . And could not connect through jdbc. It throws Unable to read HiveServer2 uri from ZooKeeper. Where as when I user hiveserver2 it is working fine.  Let me know for any further information.

<property>
<name>hive.zookeeper.namespace</name>
<value>hive_zookeeper_namespace_hive2</value>
</property>

Thanks,

Khirod

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

I guess I did my trick to get the zookeeper_namespace . I wrote a small piece of code to connect zookeeper and get the childrens from zookeeper then match with hive server with port number . Ex : 

from the below output , I have 2 namespace for hive , but my server match with the 1st one. That I need 🙂

{:req_id=>3,
:rc=>0,
:children=>
["serverUri=lnxcdh23.testme.org:10000;version=1.1.0-cdh5.4.4;sequence=0000000001"],

{:req_id=>2,
:children=>[],

Thanks,

Khirod

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Contributor

OR 

zooKeeperNamespace = { the Hive service name we choosed at the time of installation which is be default hiveserver2 } ? 

Contributor

I guess I did my trick to get the zookeeper_namespace . I wrote a small piece of code to connect zookeeper and get the childrens from zookeeper then match with hive server with port number . Ex : 

from the below output , I have 2 namespace for hive , but my server match with the 1st one. That I need 🙂

{:req_id=>3,
:children=>
["serverUri=lnxcdh23.testme.org:10000;version=1.1.0-cdh5.4.4;sequence=0000000001"],

{:req_id=>2,
:children=>[],

Thanks,

Khirod