Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to install a second instance of HiveServer2 via Ambari?

Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

Go to any new host on the hosts page, click the plus sign to add components and select hiveserver2

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

Go to any new host on the hosts page, click the plus sign to add components and select hiveserver2

Contributor

@Deepak Sharma

@Artem Ervits

Duh! It was easy. Thank you. I voted-up both responses. I apologize for accepting just one answer based on the timestamp of the response. I believe Artem was a few seconds faster.

Contributor

Someone accepted the response on my behalf. That is not fair. This should not happen. I am entitled to my question and accept the response. Please stop this practice.

I'm trying to UNACCEPT and that action is not even available. I will report this to HCC moderation to address. Please allow a submitter to unaccept a response and also stop this practice to accept response on my behalf. I asked the question, I should be able to test the response and accept the response was helpful to my problem. In this case both responses were good, but it is my choice to decide when to accept it.

Explorer

@Jane Becker we are looking into how this happended, thanks! I've unaccpeted the answer and you should be able to accept the answer of your choice.

Contributor

@jwoodward

Thank you.