Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to make sure that all parts of one flow file was merged together?

Contributor

So I am  using SplitXml processor to split flowfile. After some transformations I am merging those flowfiles back together using MrgeContent. After mergning I have noticed that not all of the flow files merged together. e.g. I have splitted my flowfile  on 100 parts and after merging I've got 2 files with 50 records of my initial flow file each. When i set  Run schedule option to 10 seconds instead of 1 it merged all files together. But what if i don't know how many flowfiles i will get after split and how much time it will take for merge processor to merge it?  I use flowfile name as Correlation attribute name.

Thank you  beforehand!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

When using SplitXML to split the flowfiles, SpilitXML writes the details of the following attributes in each split flow files,  fragment. identifier, fragment.index, fragment.count, segment.original.filename if needed to be merged later then MrgeContent should be configured with Merge Strategy : Defragment "The 'Defragment' algorithm combines fragments that are associated by attributes back into a single cohesive FlowFile

Are you doing the same ? with MergeContent?

If you found this response assisted with your issue, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you,

Chandan 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Collaborator

When using SplitXML to split the flowfiles, SpilitXML writes the details of the following attributes in each split flow files,  fragment. identifier, fragment.index, fragment.count, segment.original.filename if needed to be merged later then MrgeContent should be configured with Merge Strategy : Defragment "The 'Defragment' algorithm combines fragments that are associated by attributes back into a single cohesive FlowFile

Are you doing the same ? with MergeContent?

If you found this response assisted with your issue, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you,

Chandan 

Contributor

Thank you kinds sir! My problem was solved!!