Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to move Cloudera Manager to a new host?

How to move Cloudera Manager to a new host?

New Contributor

Hi,

We have CM installed on a host that we would like to replace. We would like to keep the existing cluster/configuration paramerers (manged by that CM) the same after installing the new CM on the new host. What is the best/easiest way to do that?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: How to move Cloudera Manager to a new host?

Community Manager

@Walaa wrote:

Hi,

We have CM installed on a host that we would like to replace. We would like to keep the existing cluster/configuration paramerers (manged by that CM) the same after installing the new CM on the new host. What is the best/easiest way to do that?

Thank you for posting Walaa. Since the Clouderans with all the expertise have not answered your question yet, I decided to do a little digging to see if I could find something to help you out in the meantime. I found some documentation on moving CM to a new host that will hopefully get you what you need.  

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here