Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to perform TPCH on Hive?

Explorer

Good evening, im trying to perform a TPC-H benchmark on hive, i donloaded from .git hive-testbench (https://github.com/hortonworks/hive-testbench) after i build (./tpch-build.sh) i try to generate the data (./tpch-setup.sh 10),

but ir gives error saying that dbgen.jar doenst exist (but he exists):~

ls: `/tmp/tpch-generate/10/lineitem': No such file or directory Generating data at scale factor 10. Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: File file:/home/centos/hive-testbench-hive14/tpch-gen/target/lib/dbgen.jar does not exist at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.deprecatedGetFileStatus(RawLocalFileSystem.java:598) at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.getFileLinkStatusInternal(RawLocalFileSystem.java:811) at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.getFileStatus(RawLocalFileSystem.java:588) at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.getFileStatus(FilterFileSystem.java:425) at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.copy(FileUtil.java:340) at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(FileSystem.java:2042) at org.notmysock.tpch.GenTable.copyJar(GenTable.java:163) at org.notmysock.tpch.GenTable.run(GenTable.java:100) at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70) at org.notmysock.tpch.GenTable.main(GenTable.java:54) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.run(RunJar.java:221) at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:136)

ls: `/tmp/tpch-generate/10/lineitem': No such file or directory

I already tried to generate sepecifying a directory but the result its the same. Can you give me some kind of help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

The dbgen.jar was not created during build. please verify you have gcc installed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

The dbgen.jar was not created during build. please verify you have gcc installed.

Explorer

I was able to generate the data (10GB), but now that i've runned some queries, i get no results except on Query 1 that returns 4 rows.

When i run the queries on hive command line it gives me the output of the mapreduce jobs, but in the end it doesnt return any rows.

Can you give me some kind of help?