Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to recover Cloudera Manager after a network migration? Hosts file updated, but still tries to connect to old database URL and fails, preventing webserver from starting up

Explorer

As the title explains, we have moved our cluster from `taco.net` to `dev.taco.net`, and in the process this has made our Cloudera Manager server unable to start up because it continues to try to connect to database.taco.net instead of database.dev.taco.net. Hosts files are updated on all servers, network interfaces are configured to their new IPs.

I would imagine there is something I should update on the Cloudera Manager server, but I'm not sure where to look to update the URL. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru
@Cl0ck

Have you updated CM's DB configuration file under /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.properties?

You need to change the value for com.cloudera.cmf.db.host from taco.net to dev.taco.net, and see if that helps.

Cheers
Eric

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Guru
@Cl0ck

Have you updated CM's DB configuration file under /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.properties?

You need to change the value for com.cloudera.cmf.db.host from taco.net to dev.taco.net, and see if that helps.

Cheers
Eric

Explorer

Thanks Eric! That is indeed the solution I was looking for. I ended up figuring it out myself a week or so ago before I saw your comment here just now. The cool thing was that after getting CM up and running, it was able to eventually update the new FQDNs for all of the clustered hosts on it's own (even though initially it was still displaying the old hostnames from before our migration)!

Super Guru
@Cl0ck

Glad that it is all resolved.

cheers