Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to recover directories and files after modifying clusterid in /hadoop/hdfs/data/current/VERSION ?

How to recover directories and files after modifying clusterid in /hadoop/hdfs/data/current/VERSION ?

New Contributor

I was trying to copy files from cluster to another one using distcp tool, when HDFS was at safe mode but after use this statement "hadoop fs -safemode leave" clusterid in the data node was change, then I modify it manually. now the cluster working but I didn't find some directories in the HDFS (HDP 2.6)

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to recover directories and files after modifying clusterid in /hadoop/hdfs/data/current/VERSION ?

New Contributor

knowing that non DFS used size still as it before

Re: How to recover directories and files after modifying clusterid in /hadoop/hdfs/data/current/VERSION ?

Super Guru
@Ibrahim AlZuabi

How did the clusterid in the data node changed? clusterid is used to prevent DataNodes from registering accidentally with an incorrect NameNode that is part of a different cluster.

I think you have modified this, your data nodes think that this is a different name node and they are not registering.

I am confused about how clusterid on data node changed which led you to modify this value.