Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to release occupied connections in ListenTCP Processor

Hi,

I am using nifi 0.6.0 version and using in-built ListenTCP processor to get the data on TCP port remotely. This processor has property "Max Number of TCP Connections" with default value 2. I am using default value only. When internally 2 connections has been occupied then it will throw an exception (Rejecting Connections from xx.xx.xx.xx : xxxx, because max connection has been met) when requested for 3rd or new connection.

Is there any possibility that when any connection has been made to transfer data then it will close that connection after completion of task so it will release that connection and will not throw any exception.

Could any one help me how can I resolve this issue ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

It is really the client (the sending application/system) that should be closing the connection when it is done writing a certain amount of data, the server (ListenTCP) can't really know when the client is "done".

If the client was closing connections, then you would only exceed the Max TCP Connections if the client was making concurrent connections that exceed this number at one point in time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

It is really the client (the sending application/system) that should be closing the connection when it is done writing a certain amount of data, the server (ListenTCP) can't really know when the client is "done".

If the client was closing connections, then you would only exceed the Max TCP Connections if the client was making concurrent connections that exceed this number at one point in time.

Expert Contributor

@Bryan Bende, we're experiencing the same issue this morning, thanks for clarifying.