Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to remotely connect to HDP2.4VM with RStudio using R?

Rising Star

Hi,

I have experience using Hive with Ambari. However, I would like to use Hive on the RDP2.4VM with RStudio using R. Simply put, connecting to the hortonwork vm remotely using R. If a user has done this, can they please tell me here how to do this and also where to find literature online on how to accomplish this if it is documented? I would also appreciate any tips on how to set up the dependencies if this was accomplished using rHive.

Thanks, Heath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

14 REPLIES 14

Rising Star

I still am getting the error for step 4. You mentioned rhdfs and rhive are both the same. Which is newer and which one should I be using in R then? I am just trying to get Hive functionality in my Rscripts. Thanks. 🙂

Rising Star

I think we are close? The error states 'BUILD FAILED' at /root/Rhive/build.xml:39: /root/RHive/usr/hdp/current/hive-server2/lib does not exist'. Shouldn't it be looking in /usr/hdp/current and not in /root/Rhive? Not sure what build.xml is doing. 😞

you can try tar.gz file from below link if you have an issue with Build.xml

https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/RHive/

R CMD INSTALL RHive_2.0-0.10.tar.gz

Rising Star

I'm not sure if this will fix the problem. I will try, but curios as to why you suggest this? I think this original question I asked here has been resolved, but this ant build problem has merited a separate question and asked it here.

Rising Star

Here is a broken tutorial. I think we need the updated HADOOP_HOME and HIVE paths. Can someone please help? See tutorial for details.