Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to resolve 'Could not connect to sandbox.hortonworks.com:9083'?

How to resolve 'Could not connect to sandbox.hortonworks.com:9083'?

New Contributor

I am new to Haddop and I am trying the tutorials in the VM(in HDP 2.0.). After uploading the NYS file via File browser, when I go to HCatalog I am getting error 'Could not connect to sandbox.hortonworks.com:9083'.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to resolve 'Could not connect to sandbox.hortonworks.com:9083'?

@Uday Sharma

Login to Ambari and check if Hive Services are up. 9083 is Hive Metastore port.

You can login to Ambari

http://sandbox.hortonworks.com:8080

See if Hive Services are running.

Highlighted

Make sure Hive Service and all its components are running, you can check via Ambari http://sandbox.hortonworks.com:8080/#/main/services/HIVE/configs

In addition, you might want to download the latest sandbox from http://hortonworks.com/products/hortonworks-sandbox/#install with HDP 2.4

New Contributor

Thanks a lot for you response. I started the Hive service from ambari but got the below error.

---------------------------------

stderr: none stdout: notice: Finished catalog run in 0.45 seconds notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp/File[/tmp/changeUid.sh]/ensure: defined content as '{md5}32b994a2e970f8acc3c91c198b484654' err: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snappy::Package/Hdp::Package[snappy]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[snappy]/Package[snappy]/ensure: change from absent to present failed: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install snappy' returned 1: rpmdb: Thread/process 4173/139782428825344 failed: Thread died in Berkeley DB library error: db3 error(-30974) from dbenv->failchk: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - (-30974) error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm CRITICAL:yum.main: Error: rpmdb open failed err: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Package[snmp]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[snmp]/Package[net-snmp-utils]/ensure: change from absent to present failed: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install net-snmp-utils' returned 1: rpmdb: Thread/process 4173/139782428825344 failed: Thread died in Berkeley DB library error: db3 error(-30974) from dbenv->failchk: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - (-30974) error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm CRITICAL:yum.main: Error: rpmdb open failed err: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Package[snmp]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[snmp]/Package[net-snmp]/ensure: change from absent to present failed: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install net-snmp' returned 1: rpmdb: Thread/process 4173/139782428825344 failed: Thread died in Berkeley DB library error: db3 error(-30974) from dbenv->failchk: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - (-30974) error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm CRITICAL:yum.main: Error: rpmdb open failed notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Package[snmp]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[snmp]/Anchor[hdp::package::snmp::end]: Dependency Package[net-snmp] has failures: true notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Package[snmp]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[snmp]/Anchor[hdp::package::snmp::end]: Dependency Package[net-snmp-utils] has failures: true notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Snmp-configfile[snmpd.conf]/Hdp::Configfile[/etc/snmp//snmpd.conf]/File[/etc/snmp//snmpd.conf]: Dependency Package[net-snmp] has failures: true notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Snmp-configfile[snmpd.conf]/Hdp::Configfile[/etc/snmp//snmpd.conf]/File[/etc/snmp//snmpd.conf]: Dependency Package[net-snmp-utils] has failures: true notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Service[snmpd]: Dependency Package[net-snmp] has failures: true

@Uday Sharma Can you please provide a link to the tutorial you are working on? We are working through updating the tutorials to HDP 2.4. I am curious if you the tutorial you are stuck has been recently updated or if this is a HDP version change issue.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here