Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to restart hive-server2

Contributor

While I was having issue setting up the RHive package in HDP 2.4, I was advised to restart hive-server2 after I made some changes in the hive-site.xml file. According to the hortonworks doc, I can do that on the Ambari UI with the "Service Actions" dropdown menu, but I could not find it anywhere on the UI. I've attached a screenshot of my Ambari page as well as a screenshot from the doc.

5851-my-ambari-ui.png

5852-screenshot-from-doc.png

Any idea what's going on here? Or ways to restart hive-server2 with command line? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

can you try login with admin user.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Super Guru

can you try login with admin user.

Contributor

I wasn't able to log in as admin with the same username and password that I used to log into sandbox as root...

Super Guru

@jj

@JJ Yang after ssh into the box you can set the password for admin by running this command

ambari-admin-password-reset

Contributor

It worked! Even though did not resolve my problem, but I was able to restart Hive. Thank you for the help!

@JJ Yang

maria_dev has only read_only access for Ambari. Either log in as admin/admin or follow the link and 2.2 SETUP AMBARI ADMIN PASSWORD MANUALLY

Contributor

Hi @JJ Yang

On the Ambari UI, when you select hive component, go to summary tab. You will see services like the ones below:

5853-screen-shot-2016-07-18-at-125149-pm.png

Then click on Hiverserver2 , it will take you to the following :

5854-screen-shot-2016-07-18-at-125303-pm.png

You can restart the service from here.

Hope this helps.

Master Guru