Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to select schema in postgresql with NIFI

Contributor

Hello

I'm using Postgresql with NIFI, how can I specify the schema I want to use from Postgresql

FediMannoubi_0-1655819229599.png

There is no option for the schema in the DBCPConnectionPoll.

FediMannoubi_1-1655819846571.png

and there is no option for schema also in the lookup service 

FediMannoubi_2-1655820010899.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Thank you all for your replays, The fix was so simple:

All I need to do to specify from which database schema I want to work with or have the lookup service connected to I just added the schema name before the table name like this :
sandbox_s01.table_name

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Collaborator

DBCPConnectionPool provides Database Connection Pooling Service. Connections can be asked from pool and returned after usage by SQL processor which are responsible to run the SQL queries .

You can useListDatabaseTables processor along withDBCPConnectionPool controller to get the table metadata 

If you found this response assisted with your issue, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you,

Chandan 

p>Hi @FediMannoubi I want to add a bit here and add on to what @ckumar wrote earlier in the thread.

What tool did you capture the first screen shot from? Does that tool connect to the Postgresql database server via JDBC and using this Database Connection URL?

jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/ATL2

I ask because if you had, that would validate that the connection string you are using is indeed valid. I strongly recommend that you carefully read the documentation for Connecting to the Database, as it has detailed information on how a valid JDBC connection string should be formed. Comparing the available forms described on that page, and comparing the options to the string that you have captured in your page shot, the relevant option for the PostgreSQL JDBC string in this case appears to me at least to be the following form:

jdbc:postgresql://host:port/database

If the string you've already entered into the Database Connection URL property works, then you can proceed assuming that the final characters are the "database" and so in your case the database would be ATL2 The first screen shot appears to indicate that the database is named rei. I don't know what to make of that difference.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Community Manager

@FediMannoubi, Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Contributor

Thank you all for your replays, The fix was so simple:

All I need to do to specify from which database schema I want to work with or have the lookup service connected to I just added the schema name before the table name like this :
sandbox_s01.table_name