Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to set the authority/right of Atlas Web UI User?

Rising Star

I want to add a new user account for atlas Web UI, so I append a line text into <atlas-conf>/users-credentials.properties

zte=ADMIN::8d969eef6ecad3c29a3a629280e686cf0c3f5d5a86aff3ca12020c923adc6c92

This means that, the user name is zte, and the password is 123456.

But when I login in the Atlas Web UI by using this user name and password, it shown like this:

6990-zteuser.jpg

The tips which on the top right of this screenshot showed that, this account are not authorized for READ *.

So, how can I set the authority/right of my new user account ?

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Ethan HsiehTwo authorization methods are available for Atlas: Simple and Ranger.

Simple Authorization

The default setting is Simple, and the following properties are automatically set under Advanced application-properties on the Advanced tab.

Table: Apache Atlas Simple Authorization

PropertyValue
atlas.authorizer.implsimple
atlas.auth.policy.file{{conf_dir}}/policy-store.txt

The policy-store.txt file has the following format:

Policy_Name;;User_Name:Operations_Allowed;;Group_Name:Operations_Allowed;;Resource_Type:Resource_Name

For example:

adminPolicy;;admin:rwud;;ROLE_ADMIN:rwud;;type:*,entity:*,operation:*,taxonomy:*,term:*
userReadPolicy;;readUser1:r,readUser2:r;;DATA_SCIENTIST:r;;type:*,entity:*,operation:*,taxonomy:*,term:*
userWritePolicy;;writeUser1:rwu,writeUser2:rwu;;BUSINESS_GROUP:rwu,DATA_STEWARD:rwud;;type:*,entity:*,operation:*,taxonomy:*,term:*

In this example readUser1, readUser2, writeUser1 and writeUser2 are the user IDs, each with its corresponding access rights. The User_Name, Group_Name and Operations_Allowed are comma-separated lists.

Authorizer Resource Types:

• Operation
  • Type
  • Entity
  • Taxonomy
  • Term
  • Unknown

Operations_Allowed are r = read, w = write, u = update, d = delete

Let me know if you have Ranger enabled in your cluster, different operations would be needed for Ranger authorization.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi, User sync has solved the problem.

Regards,

Varun

Hi @Varun Nemmani,

Which usersync did you have to run?

Thanks

Hi Alex It is Ranger user sync.