Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to transform Oracle database output to desired format using Apache NiFi?

Explorer

How can I use Apache NiFi to transform the current output of my Oracle database to the desired output format, as shown below? Desier out should be as mention below Avro format

Current output:

{ "type":"record", "name":"nifiRecord", "namespace":"org.apache.nifi", "fields":[ {"name":"AGENT_CODE", "type":["null","string"]}, {"name":"CORR_ACC_NO", "type":["null","string"]}, {"name":"LOCAL_ACC_NO", "type":["null","string"]} ] }

Desired output:

{ "type": "record", "name": "Bank", "namespace": "com.xyz.model.vo", "fields":[ {"name": "instance", "type": "string"}, {"name": "agent_code", "type": "string"}, {"name": "corr_acc_no", "type": "long"}, {"name": "local_acc_no", "type": "string"} ] }

What steps do I need to take in NiFi to achieve this transformation and output the results to the desired format? especially for changing { "type": "record", "name": "Bank", "namespace": "com.xyz.model.vo"

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

You have few options like UpdateRecord Processor or JoltJsonTrnasformation. I recommend the UpdateRecord , for more information on how to use please refer to :

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi/nifi-standard-nar/1.12.1/org.apach...

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi/nifi-standard-nar/1.12.1/org.apach...

It should be straight forward if you use the "Replace with Literal" strategy.

If that helps please accept solution

Thanks

"

Explorer

Still, I am not able to replace  
{ "type":"record", "name":"nifiRecord", "namespace":"org.apache.nifi", 

to 

{ "type": "record", "name": "Bank", "namespace": "com.xyz.model.vo", "fields":

I apologize, I forgot that you are talking about an Avro format and not json. In this I think you need to pass your own avro schema. You can first convert Avro to Json using ConvertAvroToJSON processor , then use ConvertRecrod which can be configured as follows:

SAMSAL_0-1678063001801.png

In the AvroRecordWrite , you can set your schema with the proper record\namespace values. For Example in my case I used the "User Schema Text" strategy and either provide the schema directly in the Schema Text Property or reference it using flowfile attribute ${avro.schema} using Expression Language.

SAMSAL_1-1678063208276.png

The Schema Text :

{
	"type": "record",
	"name": "bank",
	"namespace": "org.xyz.com",
	"fields": [
		{
			"name": "AGENT_CODE",
			"type": [
				"null",
				"string"