Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to update Nifi on my HDP sandbox 2.4 and ambari to pick the latest version

Explorer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you haven't already installed Nifi on the cluster, to update the Nifi service definition in Ambari on HDP 2.4 sandbox, you can follow the steps here

rm -rf /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/NIFI  

sudo git clone https://github.com/abajwa-hw/ambari-nifi-service.git   /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/NIFI   

service ambari restart

Then restart Ambari and install Nidi using 'Add service wizard' as usual

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

If you haven't already installed Nifi on the cluster, to update the Nifi service definition in Ambari on HDP 2.4 sandbox, you can follow the steps here

rm -rf /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/NIFI  

sudo git clone https://github.com/abajwa-hw/ambari-nifi-service.git   /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/NIFI   

service ambari restart

Then restart Ambari and install Nidi using 'Add service wizard' as usual

Explorer

@Ali BajwaThank you. I already have the Nifi deployed in Ambari. Please find attached. I need to update it to nifi 0.6.0. How can i upgrade the version.

screenshot-6.png

Hi, the above links contain detailed instructions on removing and adding the NiFi service again, did they work for you? Or are you trying to preserve whatever data you have in the sandbox for NiFi?

@sree balaji the ambari service does not support upgrade, so a reinstall would be needed. As Andrew mentioned, if you have already installed Nifi then you should use the instructions on the github to first remove service and Nifi installation. Then follow the instructions I provided above to update the service definition and re-install Nifi.

Explorer

Hi, How can i check if it is the latest version or not. After i execute the above instructions and i restarted ambari, the nifi configs still shows the same version number nifi.version=0.3.0-SNAPSHOT. And in my Nifi HDF, i cant see the latest executescript processors. Please let me know.

As an indication, when you are in the NiFi UI, you have an "about" link at the top-right, it should let you know which version of NiFi is running.

Explorer

@Pierre Villard, Thanks. I am still running the older version 0.3.0-snapshot. As per link sent by Ali Bajwa i will try to remove the existing Nifi service and add the new one 0.6.0.

Explorer

Hi, I am getting this error: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error. I tried to stop all the components and service but i am unable to remove the service from sandbox cluster. NIFI_MASTER is in a non-removable state, and it throws system exception saying that :could not delete component from cluster. Any help is appreciated.

Explorer

Restarted the sandbox, and finally got rid of the service from ambari!