Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to use input port inside a process group in NCM

Rising Star

72413-process-group.png

I have setup a NCM with 2 nodes and create a flow using GetFile & PutFile processor inside a process group and configure GetFile that it runs only on primary node. Now for distributing whatever flow file I gets from getfile processor I use remote process group inside my process group using a input port. But when I try to connect GetFile processor to remote process group it gives message that "Does not have any input port". So, I place my input port on root and then connect again getfile processor to remote process group then it connected successfully.

But what when I want to use my input port inside my process group, is there any way to connect getfile processor to remote process group using input port which I use inside my process group.

For placing input port on root, I am unable to give upstream connection to PutFile processor. Because my PutFile processor reside inside process group and input port insde root.

What can I do for this scenario, Please reply.

upste.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

Rising Star

Hello,

Thanks for replying soon, It works fine. But I am getting one more problem with input port and remote process group. I have GetFile processor & RemoteProcessGroup inside Group1 & when I am going to connect both using input ports then I am getting drop down of all inpurt ports which are pl

aced in root canvas.

But I want to connect with "Group1_Port1" input port that are also placed inside my "Group1" process group. But I am not getting this input port in drop down when I connect GetFile processor with remote process group.

Is there any way to connect GetFile processor with RemoteProcessGroup with port that are placed inside Group1 not on root canvas.

I have also captured screen shot of my flows, Please check & reply as soon as possible.

Thank

1.png3.png4.png2.png

Master Guru
@Prakhar Agrawal
Connect with "Group1_Port1" input port that are also placed inside my "Group1" process group?
It's not possible because Group_port1 is an input port inside processor group but Root_port1 is an remote processor group because it is on root canvas level.
Root_port1,Root_port2 is used to distribute the data across NiFi instance that's the reason why you are able to see all the root canvas input ports(Root_port1,Root_port2) in the drop down list.
Group_port1 is an input port which is used to transfer the data into process group.
Please refer to this link to understand more about process groups and remote process groups.