Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to use one of nifi-standard-services like DBCPService in custom processor?

New Contributor

Hi,

Has anyone tried using nifi-standard-services like DBCPService in custom processor?

My custom processor works fine if i write my own code to connect to DB or keep a internal DBCP pool whereas it fails if i try to reuse DBCPService which is part of nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-standard-services. If i keep dependency in my processor as provided then processor is unable to resolve service at runtime. if i dont keep dependency as provided then service is bundled with my processor and fails to start.

Same is the case if i try using JdbcCommon class which is part of nifi-standard-processors utils.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

In order to keep the dependency as provided and use DBCPService in your processor(s), you can set the parent NAR for your nifi-custom-nar module to "nifi-standard-services-api-nar", by adding the following as a dependency to your nifi-custom-nar's pom.xml:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.nifi</groupId>
  <artifactId>nifi-standard-services-api-nar</artifactId>
  <type>nar</type>
</dependency>

Using JbdcCommon is a different issue, as it is not part of an API but rather the nifi-standard-processors JAR. This NiFi dev mailing list thread explains some workarounds, such as using nifi-standard-nar as your NAR parent, or copying JdbcCommon to your project (the latter was done for HiveJbdcCommon for that reason plus custom changes specific to Hive).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

In order to keep the dependency as provided and use DBCPService in your processor(s), you can set the parent NAR for your nifi-custom-nar module to "nifi-standard-services-api-nar", by adding the following as a dependency to your nifi-custom-nar's pom.xml:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.nifi</groupId>
  <artifactId>nifi-standard-services-api-nar</artifactId>
  <type>nar</type>
</dependency>

Using JbdcCommon is a different issue, as it is not part of an API but rather the nifi-standard-processors JAR. This NiFi dev mailing list thread explains some workarounds, such as using nifi-standard-nar as your NAR parent, or copying JdbcCommon to your project (the latter was done for HiveJbdcCommon for that reason plus custom changes specific to Hive).

New Contributor

Thanks. it worked. i added services nar as dependency in my processors NAR and for JdbcCommon i copied it to my Processor.

New Contributor

i also tried to add standard-processor nar as dependency but build failed. looks like only one NAR as dependency is allowed. now i understand what you meant by adding parent jar by defining it's NAR as dependency in custom NAR.