I have created a four node cluster on AWS and enable kerberos on it, i like to view the HDFS file. Please let me know, how view HDFS files.
There are two simple steps if you are using command line.
1. Do a kinit using a principal who has access to hadoop. Assuming a principal name "hdp@REALM.COM".
kinit -k -t <hdp.keytab file> hdp@REALM.COM -> if you are using a keytab to login
kinit hdp@REALM.COM -> if you are using principal and its password to login.
2. Run ls command to see the list of files or cat to view the contents.
hadoop hdfs dfs -ls /user/hdp (or a different location within hdfs)
If you don't like command line then
3. Setup HUE to work with Kerberos and browse your files from HUE.
Other 2 ways to access through Ambari is:
1) Using Files View from Ambari ( By setting up Ambari for kerberos )
2) Using Namenode Web UI ( By setting up Ambari for kerberos and SPNEGO Authentication against cluster components).
Hope that Helps!