Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hue configuration for hiveserver in Cloudera Manager

Contributor

Hi All,

I'd like to ask if it's possible to configure Hue in Cloudera Manager to use specific Hiveserver2. As far as I can see there is only option for the "Hive service" as a whole, and CM automagically sets beeswax_server_host in hue.ini. I've tried to override this behaviour by adding section:
[ beeswax ]
server_interface=hiveserver2
beeswax_server_port=10000
beeswax_server_host=<hiveserver_ip>
Hue Service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) and Hue Server Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) as proposed in https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/#!topic/hue-user/WzxrpI4ykW8 but with no success so far.

Has anyone tried this configuration? Is this doable in CM, or the only way is to build hiveserver2 load balancer?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@lizard,

You were super close.

In Hue Service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for hue_safety_valve.ini, use the following:

[beeswax]

hive_server_host=

hive_server_port=

NOTE that the old beeswax server is no longer part of CDH 5, so you don't need "server_interface" either.

Ben

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

@lizard,

You were super close.

In Hue Service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for hue_safety_valve.ini, use the following:

[beeswax]

hive_server_host=

hive_server_port=

NOTE that the old beeswax server is no longer part of CDH 5, so you don't need "server_interface" either.

Ben

Contributor
Hi @bgooley, It's working, thank you. Just wanted to add that one may add this configuration to Hue Server Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for hue_safety_valve_server.ini instead and make this configuration piece different for all instances of the Hue servers. Thanks!