Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hue dashboard problem

New Contributor

Hello,

I am facing an issue while creating a new dashboard in Hue I keep getting this error.

Can anyone help?

pic 4.PNG

1 REPLY 1

Hi @hooneybadger 

It appears from the screen shot you've provided that you're using Hue in the Cloudera Quickstart VM on top of Oracle VirtualBox. Can you tell us a bit more about why you're attempting to use the Cloudera Quickstart VM? Can you specify which set of instructions you are following or which Hue tutorial is guiding you?

Cloudera is no longer updating or distributing the the CDH 5-based Quickstart for VirtualBox (or any other virtualization platform, for that matter) because it was old and outdated. The last version was based on CDH 5.13, which went out of support in October 2020. Your screen shot indicates that you're using an even older version, version 5.12.

As of this writing, I don't believe that there are many people still running the Cloudera Quickstart VM, and for that reason, I think it's unlikely that anyone will be able to help you with the specific error you're encountering while attempting to create your desired dashboard. While we welcome your question, and it will remain visible here in the hope that some member of the Cloudera Community will answer it, you would be much more likely to obtain a suitable solution if you focus your efforts around a more up-to-date data platform.

The new, updated data platform from Cloudera for on-premises use is Private Cloud Base Edition of Cloudera Data Platform. There is extensive and thorough documentation on installing the CDP Private Cloud Base Edition of Cloudera Data Platform (the "free trial" for which is available via Cloudera's web site) on a non-production environment for demonstration and proof-of-concept use cases. That version does not come "pre-packaged" for deployment on a VM platform such as VirtualBox, however.

One alternative you might consider if you're already familiar with Vagrant, is @carrossoni's community article outlining how to create a Centos7 CDP Trial VM for sandbox/learning purposes, which is intended for use on VirtualBox.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.