Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hue proxy error

Explorer

Hi Team,

For the last two months, I am facing issues with the hue. Every 3 hr once hue is down and I can see the webpage as, 

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /accounts/login.

I have changed multiple configurations but still facing issues. Please help me with this.

I am using cdh5.11.1

I am attaching the screenshot too.hue.PNG

Regards,

GD

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

Hello

This may be related to the way you use Hue

For example, if you uploading a large file using Import to table option, you may hit the proxy timeout issue, (by default, the timeout is 600 seconds), you can try to increase the proxy timeout option to a larger value, or you can optimise how you get large data files into the cluster by using other tools like NiFi etc

Explorer

Hi Daming,

Thanks for the reply. 

Please let me know where to increase the timeout setting.

And one more doubt if uploading a large file is the issue then it should happen at that point only right. But in my case, every 3 hrs hue will be down and after 15 to 30 min it will resolve itself and be up again. Please let me know what might be the issue and how to resolve it. I will also increase the timeout setting too once you let me know where to do that.

Regards,

GD

Expert Contributor

Hello

Perform the following in CM

"Load Balancer Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for httpd.conf" Add following into above text box: ProxyTimeout 3600

Explorer

Hi Daming,

I have configured that change too. But still, after 2 hr the hue is down with a proxy error.

Please help me with a solution.

Regards,

GD