Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I am trying to connect Hbase using JAVA. I get the below error. Login was successful but not able to instantiate the Htable class. Any idea how to fix this.

Highlighted

I am trying to connect Hbase using JAVA. I get the below error. Login was successful but not able to instantiate the Htable class. Any idea how to fix this.

Contributor

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.SINGLETON from class org.slf4j.LoggerFactory at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getSingleton(LoggerFactory.java:194) at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.bind(LoggerFactory.java:112) at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.performInitialization(LoggerFactory.java:105) at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory(LoggerFactory.java:235) at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:208) at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:221) at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.<clinit>(ZooKeeper.java:94) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper.<init>(RecoverableZooKeeper.java:82) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.connect(ZKUtil.java:103) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWatcher.<init>(ZooKeeperWatcher.java:152) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWatcher.<init>(ZooKeeperWatcher.java:126) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getZooKeeperWatcher(HConnectionManager.java:1306) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.setupZookeeperTrackers(HConnectionManager.java:578) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.<init>(HConnectionManager.java:569) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager.getConnection(HConnectionManager.java:186) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:194) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:171) at HbasePull.main(HbasePull.java:66)

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: I am trying to connect Hbase using JAVA. I get the below error. Login was successful but not able to instantiate the Htable class. Any idea how to fix this.

Super Collaborator

This error points to your Java client code using a version of slf4j that is incompatible with the one used by your HBase server deployment.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here