Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

I have Ranger Tagsync running on one node in cluster but I want to run it on some other node so can I delete it and add on other node?

I have Ranger Tagsync running on one node in cluster but I want to run it on some other node so can I delete it and add on other node. Because it gives me warning WARNING! Delete the last Ranger Tagsync component in the cluster?

Deleting the last component in the cluster could result in permanent loss of service data. So I dont want to spoil my existing setup.

3 REPLIES 3

Cloudera Employee

@Manoj A

ranger tagsync is a stateless daemon process. It is purely driven by the configuration files. It does not have any service data to lose. So long as it is configured correctly (among other things, to receive tags from Atlas and send tags to Ranger Admin), it should not matter exactly which node it runs on.

Hi thanks for reply actually this is QA setup and we are qualifying Ranger and the test setup needs all three Ranger admin, usersync and tagsync on same node but in my setup only tagsync is on other node. As I didn't see option in other two nodes to add tagsync I wanted to be sure if I delete it on existing node will I be able to add it again on the other node.

Super Guru

@Manoj A

In addition to below answer, Please take backup of /etc/ranger/tagsync/ just to be on safer side.