Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I have created HDP controller and instance on AWS. However, I am not able to access the ambari/hive/tex views via the web(chrome). I have selected web access for ambari while creating the cluster but facing this error. Can anyone help?

Highlighted

I have created HDP controller and instance on AWS. However, I am not able to access the ambari/hive/tex views via the web(chrome). I have selected web access for ambari while creating the cluster but facing this error. Can anyone help?

New Contributor

8 REPLIES 8

Re: I have created HDP controller and instance on AWS. However, I am not able to access the ambari/hive/tex views via the web(chrome). I have selected web access for ambari while creating the cluster but facing this error. Can anyone help?

Super Guru

Are you trying to use the links from the UI? if so replace the dns with the public dns as it may be trying to use internal dns which it can't resolve

Re: I have created HDP controller and instance on AWS. However, I am not able to access the ambari/hive/tex views via the web(chrome). I have selected web access for ambari while creating the cluster but facing this error. Can anyone help?

New Contributor

Thank you Sunile. Is the public dns the one in AWS relevant to the ip address ? If yes, I have tried it but the I am getting the below error which was same as the previous.

When Google Chrome tried to connect to (Address) this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be (Address). or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit ec2-34-206-146-156.compute-1.amazonaws.com right now because the website sent scrambled credentials that Google Chrome cannot process. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

I have compared the securiy in bound settings with the controller for the master and data nodes, which are all same.

Any thing I am missing?

Are you able to ping the host IP from terminal. If yes, than you might want to try :

New Contributor

Thanks Namit. The host ip is pingable from the ssh terminal. I was able to do ssh as well. But tried the secure and unsecure UI links as suggested but am getting the same error as below.

When Google Chrome tried to connect to (Address) this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be (Address). or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit ec2-34-206-146-156.compute-1.amazonaws.com right now because the website sent scrambled credentials that Google Chrome cannot process. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

I have compared the securiy in bound settings with the controller for the master and data nodes, which are all same.

Any thing I am missing?

Can you try on some other browser, just to be sure.

Did this worked for you. Thanks!

Rising Star

I ran into this issue today, for me the solution was to explicitly mention the port number, for instance:

Rather than attempting: ec2-34-206-146-156.compute-1.amazonaws.com

I would succeed with: ec2-34-206-146-156.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8080

(Try with http:// and https:// if this is not sufficient).

----

Edge behaves the same as chrome, but if all else fails you can also try Firefox as a workaround, currently it allows you to ignore the error and reach the login page after clicking away a warning.