Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

I'm setting up a 4 node cluster using HDP 2.3.x ambari2.1.x,

Rising Star

I'm trying to setting up a 4 node cluster using HDP 2.3.x ambari2.1.x.After completing few levels in ambari setup, i came to this point where the ambari is repetitively asking me to allocate more memory to to hbase services.

3481-configuration2.png

And after re allocating the RAM size several times to the specified services i have ignored the warning and tried to proceed further.And I'm being warned this way..

3460-configurations4.png

I welcome any type of useful reply.

And i want to know whether i performed any preliminary mistakes in the earlier steps in Ambari set up.

Thanks in advance.

P:S I'm setting the cluster for production use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Hi @karthik sai, you can ignore the first warning for now, and can revisit RAM allocation on each node once the cluster is up, and redistribute any remaining RAM. Regarding the DB for Oozie, Derby is default but not recommended for production. You can replace it with MySql, Postgres or Ambari, here is the guide.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Guru

Hi @karthik sai, you can ignore the first warning for now, and can revisit RAM allocation on each node once the cluster is up, and redistribute any remaining RAM. Regarding the DB for Oozie, Derby is default but not recommended for production. You can replace it with MySql, Postgres or Ambari, here is the guide.

Rising Star

Thanks for your comforting reply.By your answer you mean i can change db after deploying my cluster?

Master Guru

Yes, you can change Oozie DB later, just follow that guide, start with Step 3.2, 3.3 or 3.4 depending which DB flavor you want to use, then go to Step 4, and finally in Ambari-->Oozie, in the Oozie server block update DB properties accordingly.

Rising Star

Thank you minovic. You are very helpful