Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I need help with distribution of components for a HDP deployment.

I need help with distribution of components for a HDP deployment.

New Contributor

I want to create a HDP cluster with 7 nodes. 3 Master Nodes and 4 Data Nodes. I also want to run IBM BigSQL on this cluster. If I want to run high availability, is the following component distribution acceptable?

Master Node 1: NameNode, Oozie Server, Spark History Server, IBM BigSQL Head, JournalNode, Zookeeper Server, Hive, HCat, Oozie, Sqoop client and Knox Gateway

Master Node 2: Resource Manager, Hive Metastore, WebHCat Server, HBase Master, Journal Node and Zookeeper Server

Master Node 3: Secondary Resource Manager, Secondary NameNode, App Timeline Server, Zookeeper Server and JournalNode.

All Data Nodes will have the following components: DataNode, Node Manager, HBase Region Server, IBM BigSQL Worker, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie and HCat client.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: I need help with distribution of components for a HDP deployment.

@Vaibhav Shah

Your plans look good, May I know your hardware capacity

If I were in your place I would have done this way:

Master Node 1: Active NameNode, Active Resource Manager, IBM BigSQL Head, JournalNode, Zookeeper Server

Master Node 2: Hive Metastore, WebHCat Server, HBase Master, Journal Node, Oozie Server, HiveServer2, Spark History Server, Zookeeper Server

Master Node 3: Standby NN, Secondary Resource Manager, Secondary NameNode, App Timeline Server, Zookeeper Server and JournalNode.

Better to have Knox Gateway Management node.

All Data Nodes will have the following components: DataNode, Node Manager, HBase Region Server, IBM BigSQL Worker, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie and HCat client.

Please do let me know if you have any questions.

Highlighted

Re: I need help with distribution of components for a HDP deployment.

New Contributor

@Sridhar Reddy Is there any particular reason for your configuration? Are there any benefits? Also when you say have a knox gateway management which node should I install it on?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here