Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

I upgraded my Nifi from 1.21 to 1.22 using brew once upgraded all my flows are removed

Contributor

Hello, @MattWho I upgraded my local Nifi instance from 1.21 to 1.22 using brew once its upgraded all my flows/processor groups were removed and I tried to recover by coping the flow.xml.gz  from the archive the config folder but still I'm not able to get my flows is there any other way that I can get my flows back into the new instance?

Thanks

Vas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Vasu_ While NiFi still generates a flow.xml.gz, it is no longer the file that is loaded during NiFi startup.  If the flow.json.gz file exists, that is what is going to be loaded.  So if you swap out only the flow.xml.gz with a flow.xml.gz from archive and do not remove the flow.json.gz, the flow.json.gz is still going to be loaded.

When only the flow.xml.gz exists, NiFi will load it and convert it to a flow.json.gz which it will use from that point forward.  At this time, NiFi will still output both a flow.json.gs and flow.xml.gz as you make changes to the canvas in the NiFi UI.  Eventually the flow.xml.gz will go away completely.

If you found that the provided solution(s) assisted you with your query, please take a moment to login and click Accept as Solution below each response that helped.

Thank you,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@Vasu_ While NiFi still generates a flow.xml.gz, it is no longer the file that is loaded during NiFi startup.  If the flow.json.gz file exists, that is what is going to be loaded.  So if you swap out only the flow.xml.gz with a flow.xml.gz from archive and do not remove the flow.json.gz, the flow.json.gz is still going to be loaded.

When only the flow.xml.gz exists, NiFi will load it and convert it to a flow.json.gz which it will use from that point forward.  At this time, NiFi will still output both a flow.json.gs and flow.xml.gz as you make changes to the canvas in the NiFi UI.  Eventually the flow.xml.gz will go away completely.

If you found that the provided solution(s) assisted you with your query, please take a moment to login and click Accept as Solution below each response that helped.

Thank you,

Matt

Contributor

Hello @MattWho

I tried the option you provided, and I had no luck recovering the pipelines. As this is my local instance I restored from the templates I have. thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Vas