Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

If CDP Private Cloud Data Services is installed on Red Hat OpenShift, will it affect other services on OpenShift?

Contributor

Hi everyone, I would like some clarification. Thank you.

If a customer is already using active OCP (OpenShift) and wants to use CDP Private Cloud Data Services, will this impact other services performed on OCP? If so, which services of CDP Private Cloud Data Services will affect OCP?

For example,

If CDP Private Cloud Data Services are installed, the scheduler will default to using Yunikorn. So, if the settings are not changed, it won't use the default scheduler.

For instance, if I apply a pod and want to use the default scheduler, one method is to adjust the Yunikorn ConfigMap settings to bypass the admission controller.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hello @steinsgate,

The CDP Private Cloud Data Services will use dedicated OCP only so it doesn’t affect other services.

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to log in and click on KUDOS 🙂 & ”Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Hello @steinsgate,

The CDP Private Cloud Data Services will use dedicated OCP only so it doesn’t affect other services.

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to log in and click on KUDOS 🙂 & ”Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you.

Contributor

Hello @Babasaheb ,

I see, thank you.